Join us for collaborationlearninglearning
The 2023 CWA Summit is held in downtown Pittsburgh, Pa.
The 2023 CWA Summit is held in downtown Pittsburgh, Pa., the week of May 15, 2023.
The venue for the 2023 CWA Summit will be at:
THE DAVID L. LAWRENCE CONVENTION CENTER
Located in Downtown Pittsburgh, the LEED® Platinum Certified David L. Lawrence Convention Center effectively blends unparalleled space, functionality, and flexibility to offer event producers, exhibitors, and visitors a location for an extraordinary event experience.
Be Part of History
In 2022, the CWA Summit left the state of Colorado for the first time, bound for Salt Lake City. There we set records for the biggest and best CWA Summit ever! More attendees, more exhibitors, and more meaningful sessions to help take the indoor climbing industry to the next level.
As an organization, we work hard to represent all our members. We will continue to take the industry’s premier indoor climbing event to areas near all our members. This year, we're heading to the Steel City of Pittsburgh; a gritty, revitalized, and emerging climbing city.
Stay up to date on announcements, deals from sponsors and exhibitors, and more by subscribing to our industry newsletter.
Questions & Answers
The CWA Summit is the largest annual gathering of the indoor climbing industry. Attendees and vendors travel from all over the world for training, professional development, networking, and industry-defining discussions.
Conference sessions cover a variety of topics including research and trends, business development, marketing, retail development, climbing instruction, standards, risk management, and responsible climbing wall operations. Learn from industry experts and get hands-on, real solutions to boost your business and career in the climbing industry.
2023 CWA Summit attendees comment about how much they learn from each other through networking and cooperative education. They also tell us that being immersed with the industry’s top professionals raises their game, drive, and creativity. Each day features special events, activities, entertainment, and gatherings for attendees to collaborate and grow.
Yes! CWA members can save up to $200 on their registration. Members also have access to group pricing during the Early Bird, Regular, and Late Registration periods for additional savings!
All active, full, and part-time employees of CWA member companies are eligible to receive the member rate. Employment verification and current membership standing are required to receive this benefit. Join the CWA to receive these discounts! Contact us if you have any questions or to check if your company is a CWA member by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes. When going through online registration, you can add multiple attendees to your cart. CWA members receive a discount for group registrations, which is available as a special ticket type in the online registration process. Be sure to log into your membership account to unlock these discounts. If you need assistance processing a group registration, contacts us at 720-838-8284 or email@example.com.
After registration, you will receive a registration confirmation e-mail. You can access your registration through your login on the CWA website or the CWA Summit event app. If you're unable to make the changes you need through our online portal, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-838-8284.
The CWA is dedicated to the health and safety of all of those who choose to attend the CWA Summit while ensuring that face-to-face business and education can still take place. To that end, we are carefully monitoring the guidance issued by the CDC, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the City of Pittsburgh, and the David L. Lawrence Convention Center regarding COVID-19. Requirements of attendance are subject to change based on that guidance. Attendees should adhere to the following best practices:
- Stay home if you are sick or have any symptoms of COVID-19 (including any variants of COVID-19) and get tested for COVID-19. In the case of testing positive immediately prior to the event, please reach out regarding our refund policy.
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is required at the 2023 CWA Summit. During checking in, you will be asked your vaccination status.
- Masks are optional at the event, but the CWA will have masks on hand for those who wish to wear one.
- While indoors and near others, please respect physical distancing as recommended by the CDC.
Code of Conduct at the 2023 CWA Summit
- Refrain from using speech that could be interpreted as homophobic, transphobic, sexist, racist, religious hatred, or otherwise discriminatory. This extends to the Internet, as well as the CWA Summit app.
- No intimidation, bullying, or harassment toward anyone for any reason.
- No offensive, suggestive, lewd, or intentionally uncomfortable behavior, materials, or language will be accepted.
- No illegal activities or substances will be tolerated on or off premises.
- We expect our guests to embody our values of acceptance of people from all walks of life and all corners of the globe.
- Equal respect will be given to all guests gathered, despite roles, responsibilities, or credentials.
- All guests will approach interactions with one another with patience, empathy, and understanding.
- No interrupting, distracting, or otherwise derailing speakers, presenters, panelists, staff, or volunteers.
- Request permission to photograph booths, guests, or speakers outside of conference sessions. Be mindful that not everyone appreciates being photographed.
- Participate and engage with speakers, guests, and staff.
- Be mindful of the space you take up when engaging with others in sessions.
- Speak up when you feel that someone unintentionally said or did something uncomfortable or offensive.
- Peacefully and respectfully stand up for others if you notice someone intentionally causing harm and help alert necessary parties of the behavior.
- Bring your full self and energy to the CWA Summit.
- Please immediately alert a member of the CWA staff or volunteer, who will then escalate the issue. If an issue involves a staff or volunteer member, please reach out to Paula Horwitz, CWA Executive Director.
- If you experience a form of discrimination online, please record the individual’s social media account, email address, etc. If you feel comfortable, capture a screenshot of the online activity.
If you are ever concerned for your physical, mental, or emotional safety at the 2023 CWA Summit, find a staff member or volunteer. If the issue is involving a staff member, please contact our Board of Directors.